Well it might look nice but, being 110 years old, it's showing its age. The outside had gone rotten. This last week I decided it was time to fix it
I removed the window and chopped out the rotten window sill
I then made and fitted a new sill. Its in 3 parts but fits together to make a complete sill. Meanwhile, in the workshop, I had to remove the bottom of the window without damaging the fragile leaded glass ...easier said than done.
Then make a bottom part from new timber, which took the longest time, having to be jointed and grooved etc
Then I refitted it, and should be OK for the next 110 years.
But it hasn't just been the house maintenance that's kept me busy.
Having got myself fit again, I took on the garden, and after weeks I've got it back from the wilderness ... there wasn't much time for blogging!