Tuesday 28 April 2015

24, 000 miles Later ...I'M BACK!

Where does one start?


We left London eastbound for Dubai on a 7 hour flight that needed to make an onward connection. We were delayed by Air Traffic, but somehow made the connection with 5 minutes to spare.

Fourteen hours later we landed in Sydney, Australia. Here we were met by my darling granddaughter, Giselle, who drove us to her apartment, where we stayed for just over three weeks. My great-grandson, Logan - who was one year old this month, and I became best friends. 


He is working as an undercover agent with the Secret Service. 


I could spend pages telling you of the fantastic time we had in Australia... and then how we spent 10 days in Qatar, Bahrain and Dubai ... but the most important bit I've just told you about: and that was the time we spent with my best friends, Giselle and 'Topgun' (Logan).

Back home again and realising that when we moved down here to West Wales, we left my wonderful workshops in Yorkshire. I have a great studio ... but the other 'me' desperately needs a workshop and so I've just finished designing one and I'm going to start building it in the next week or so.



Isn't life fun? I just can't wait to start building!!

18 comments:

  1. Welcome back!
    From your words I can imagine how beautiful it was this family travel !!!
    Children playing with cardboard packaging ... a phenomenon that continues to happen. I did as a child, he did my daughter and now my nieces ... as your Logan.
    There is hope that the world is moving forward even through the simplicity of the heart of children, ready to play with everything ..
    I understand that you miss your workshop ... you have to be able to build something and always ready to do ...
    I hope the weather is good to speed up your dream builder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is you're only young once. thanks Rita

      Delete
  2. Schematic drawings are the most fun and the most beautiful. Great structures come from them. I love the precision.
    That's one beautiful boy! That would have been our most favorite part of the trip too. Glad you're home safe and sound. You must have some,photographs of these exotic places to share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you as I posted the picture ...right up your street!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the new 007! You must have had a wonderful time! And of course you are building your new workshop, would expect anything less from you! ;) Glad to see you back, John, looking forward to new posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. Look forward to catching up with you!

      Delete
  4. John. Seriously. That's a Meccano Outfit No. 7, isn't it ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is definitely fun for some people, John! So glad it is for you and your Logan is a doll! You will have a grand time with the building!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Great-Grandson is adorable! And he is the same age as my Grandson. Isn't it such a darling age? Wow, do you ever stop John?? I envy your amazing trip - Australia is a place I would LOVE to visit one day. Good luck with the work shop! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great age, and after 4 granddaughters, it's fun to have a boy in the family again (3 sons).

      Delete
  7. Such a great trip you did and loved to hear about it :) Good luck with building!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, John, Logan is such a beautiful baby!!! And he looks like he is such fun to be around - that twinkle in his eye says it all. Sounds like you all had a super time. Your plans for the workshop look great - knowing you, it will be built perfectly :)
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Kathryn. He certainly is a dynamic character.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you had a fantastic time with family, John!! However. Glad you're home !! Your great grandson is adorable but I can't believe he's a year old already! I remember the excitement when you found out that you were going to have a "great"grandchild!! I hope to see future photos on your new room!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fabulous trip and time bonding with adorable (undercover) Logan. Glad you are back and wishing you well with your studio project!

    ReplyDelete