Sunday 27 December 2015

The Dilemma

Dilemma  time.... planning the New Year.

I have so many claims on my time that there is a danger that no matter what I'm doing, I will feel guilty that I should be doing something else.

I have written a novel that my granddaughter (a published author) desperately wants me to finish. There's still a month or so of final editing to do ... and I can't spare the time. 
   My autobiography has been chuntering on for years ... my granddaughters' are demanding it ... and I can't spare the time.

My wife has a list of 10+ drawings/paintings that are 'wanted,' not least the very large drawing of St David's Cathedral, which has miles and miles of work left on it ... and I can't spare the time. 




Then there's the boat!! Seagull !! which I'm building in two parts:

Part 1 is get a ship's bell for Christmas. Done :)


Part 2 is build a boat around the bell :)

I already (all ready) get up early, go to bed late and play work seven days a week.

To compound the situation, every day I see things that I want to do and add them a massively long list ... <sigh>
... not to mention the normal tasks of life.

You can see the dilemma can't you? We have visitors at the moment so I can't do anything mentioned above, which gives me until 2016 to set out my year ...!!!

What do you have planned for 2016?

16 comments:

  1. I don't make plans, just try to live! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, you know that you wouldn't be you if you didn't have this dilemma! I know how you are, somehow you will get it all done! lol! Love this post, the unfinished drawings and the beautiful new bell. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problem is the toys keep falling out of my 'play-pen' before I can play with them. But it's always been thus; so yes, you do know how I am :)

      Delete
  3. So much to do.....so little time!! Lol. I really love the beginning of your drawing of St. David's Cathedral, John. I would love to see the finished work! As Artists we all have too much on our plates....however, I think you beat us!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Part says that if there isn't work for me to do, I invent some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, John.

    Each to their own, but what I would do is take yourself and The Better Half off to a fabulous holiday treat and ENJOY IT.

    You will come back refreshed and stunned that nothing has changed whilst you were away and you still have lots to do.

    It's just that you've had time for some R & R.

    Just saying.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice sentiment, David, thank you.

      I tend to find holidays a bore, nevertheless. I'll probably get 3 months in Australia in 2016 ... and return twitching and stressed :)

      Delete
  6. You'll be off to 'play' first thing in the new year, I am sure! I love the bell, and the name Seagull! And that autobiography is a must, you had such an interesting life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing a quick Japanese painting on New Year's day, Judy! You know me too well (just noted that your's was the first comment I ever got when I started blogging. High 5 old friend!)

      Delete
  7. Brilliant idea - as you are working on the boat, talk out aloud (into a recorder) about your experiences and have the daughter finish the book for you! Two birds killed with one stone...next...St. Johns. If you had to go to the doctor you would make time for at least a couple of hours so write on your calendar an appointment of a couple of hours at church for three days a week! Easier said than done, I know, but scheduling your time is the only answer.
    All I can say is welcome to my world. I totally understand, I never can get to most of what I have to do.
    Wishing you a fabulous New Year. I will be looking forward to it. I get to see a boat started and finished. What a treat that it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Genius - unfortunately I'm useless at dictating, when I write the pen takes over for me, so I need to write.

      I realise that you are as 'crazy' as I am!!! Looking forward to seeing what your new project is all about!

      It's all good fun isn't it?

      We could have a race and see who gets to 2017 first!

      Delete
  8. I have absolutely no doubt that you will achieve them all John! Happy New year to you!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. John, you will achieve it all, that's who you are. Isn't wonderful how bless your are to have so many interest and be totally accomplished at all you do. Take a breath and go for it, we will be watching. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. John, I have the answer ... we'll clone you about five times!!!!! :)
    Silliness aside, I wish you and your family all the very best in the New Year!

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  11. How many changes in a short time ... I gradually resume normal life and even though more slowly, my blogging activities.
    I hope 2016 will be for you and your loved ones, Happy New Year, full of health, joy and prosperity.
    I will learn to fly, even if alone, I'll have to take longer routes to meet my loved ones ...
    This is new in 2016 for me. I have to improve my speaking English, my English listening, to be safer away from home when traveling.

    ReplyDelete