Wednesday 23 November 2016

GISELLE WIP

I decided to paint Giselle in Acrylics, it allows me to slap on paint without worrying: with oils I'm still finding my way and am more considered in the work.

                                                                       'Jimmy'                                                  John Simlett
18 inch x 14 inch
Acrylic on Stretched Linen Canvas


I'm almost tempted to leave it here - it shows her as she is: totally in control yet a wild and free spirit with an outrageous sense of humour

9 comments:

  1. Hello!:) You have caught her likeness perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, John.

    Go with your gut-feeling.

    Show Giselle as she is: A free and wild spirit with an outrageous sense of humour.

    This is exactly how you have captured her in your painting.

    I laughed just looking at her wild, free, spirit.

    Good luck to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning John!:) Feel free to choose any of my photos to paint, and thank you for asking.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind of you; I will acknowledge you when I paint from your fantastic phorographs

      Delete
  4. I love the understated spontaneity in this one John and it screams "free spirit".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say, put down your brush and call it done - a wonderfully interpretive painting. And yes, it does catch her spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good. Love her expression

    ReplyDelete
  7. John, I think you're right. Yield to the temptation, and stop. You can always paint another. She really is showing that controlled, yet wild personality!

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete