The Story So Far:
I started a second blog, "How I Became The Best Painter in the World," and began journalling the journey from 'A to Z' on my way to achieving my goal... how I became the Best Painter in the World
Note: I am currently struggling at step 'A' so it take weeks to become the best!! :0)
So what have I done towards becoming the best (I currently have never painted):
1. Actual painting - none.
2. Made a Studio Easel which is still in the workshop whilst the paint dries.
3. Katherine Tyrrell's Making A Mark is a fantastic blog (voted the 3rd best art blog in the UK) from which I extracted theTop 10 books on Oils and ordered them:
"The Oil Painting Book," Bill Creevy
4. I Have Julie Ford-Oliver's Video off Daily Paintworks, http://www.dailypaintworks.com/ArtTutorials/ArtByteStore
"Brushwork Essentials," Mark Weber
5. My good friend Sandra Busby has given me some great video links to Windsor & Newton demos.
6. I have ordered 10 stretched canvases (cotton) 10 inch x 14 inch at £2.20 each ($3.50).
I would love some advice on:
which simple palette to start with colour-wise ?
what do you feel about water mixable oils?
I am making slow progress because I am still, making the four poster bed, editing a book, going down to Hampshire to see the remains of one of the first US warships incorporated in the structure of an old English mill (see last few postings, below).
I also have to draw this building in Pen & Ink for a client... otherwise I haven't much to do! :0)