Tuesday 21 June 2022

CHAOS!!!

 Those that know me, realise that I only paint and draw in the Realist mode, NEVER impressionism or abstract.

I have just seen this young chap drawing ‘Chaos Art’ and was fascinated by the whole process. I just HAD to have a go’ so I bought some compressed charcoal (soft) sticks, a kneadable eraser (feels like bread dough), charcoal pencils, and began drawing on cartridge paper.

The idea is to scribble a chaotic mess, and then pull an image out of it using the tools that I have just listed. Here is my first attempt, took 1.5 hours.







I was totally flabbergasted. I had a second go .... and out popped Adam Lambert (of
'Queen') in 45 minutes.



I can't get my head around drawing these straight off, if you knew me you'd not quite understand how it happened.......
     .......... at 84 I might have found another string to my brush pencil

2 comments: