Monday 8 January 2018

Paint on Canvas

It might not seem a lot to you, but the canvas shown here is, "One tiny step for mankind, one huge step for me," as it is almost 12 months since I last painted, for many and diverse reasons.



This 27.5 x 19.5 inch (700 x 500 mm) Italian linen canvas now has a thin wash of light umbra acrylic on it. I have also marked in the vertical and horizontal centre-lines with a pencil: my portraits tend to end up off centre without this aid.

That's it folk, that's all the news... but heck ... "mighty oaks from acorns grow", "Rome wasn't built in a day", "slowly, slowly, catchee monkey" ...................!!

Who knows, I might just remember how to paint a portrait.

HAPPY & ARTFUL 2018 

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to see what you make of it! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting, John, good luck! Happy painting in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited - you are back at the easel. I wonder who you are going to paint?
    Last year was quite a ride for you - i hope that 2018 will be deeply satisfying.

    ReplyDelete