Saturday 29 January 2022

Trying to Stage a Comeback

 Hope you read this David Z.

I'm trying to get back into art after two + traumatic years. I started by reviewing my records:

I have a registry of my paintings which I was updating today and noticed that number 61 was blank. It drove me mad searching for which painting No 61could be. Then I remembered that I have this blog, and there it was: No 61’Vintage Steam Train’ Dec 2016. ……… It is unfinished!!

 

So why is an unfinished work registered as 61? Because I am a Virgo and need my art registered in date sequence so I can assess my progress.  

 

So why is it unfinished? Because life is short and I’m always champing-at-the-bit to get on with loads of other exciting projects … and I knew I could get back to all that smoke and steam later. The train was the exciting bit, the steam less so.

 

It’s a big canvas 80 x 60 cms (32 x 24 inches) …. I’ll have to finish now. 




4 comments:

  1. Afternoon, John. Indeed, I did read your Post. Delighted you are going to finish this tour de force of a painting.

    I remember you discovering this wonderful steam train (I believe from this Blog). I was thrilled that you thought it worthy of your extraordinary skills.

    I look forward to the completion of the above (do let us know). Meanwhile, rest assured of continued Prayers for you, your wife (R.I.P.) and the family.

    in Domino.

    Per Ardua Ad Astra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, David. It was indeed your find that led to this LARGE (by my standard) painting. The engine was the easy bit, the steam and lighting has been a battle.

      Than you for your support at this strange time in my life.

      Delete
  2. This is funny, John. I have a bit of Virgo in me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we are both back painting, Judy. Great

    ReplyDelete