Wednesday 9 February 2022

MY FIRST EVER LANDSCAPE

I have never painted landscapes before but focused mostly on portraits and still life.

The Mountain Landscape Painting I’m starting, has happened by chance. I was looking for a great photo of a steam train to paint … I found one. Now the one I found had no information with it, so I searched for a matching photo with text. I found many similar but not the same.

I turned to videos and found what looked like a match and so I played it. It was an exact fit. The video starts a little roughly, but it turned out to be so good that I sat mesmerized from start to finish. It’s well worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ww0_-j1CJc

Just to round off the story, my daughter Louise is married to Carl who hails from Colorado (originally from Chicago). He has travelled on this train and took his sons when they were boys!

Durango & Silverton Railroad, Colorado
Acrylic on Stretched Canvas
(27 x 20 inches)


Believe it or not, this is a Railway Train (Railroad Locomotive) painting.

Zephyrinus can you email me please, I lost your contact details in a computer mix-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment